The Enchanted Forest is a magical forest with characters from Sundgau fairy tales and legends that brings to life all the imagination of a region. It occupies the town centre throughout the month of December.
Original staging, a magical and enchanting atmosphere set around ponds and forests recreated in the heart of the town with a contemporary aesthetic.Nearly 200 characters and animals and 30 illustrated tales: the Flower Fairy, the Little Man of Blochmont, the Black Madonna, the Dwarves of Wolf Gorge as well as the Koestlach Witch, the Fire Dragon, etc.
It opens with the Saint Nicolas parade in Altkirch and every day you can enjoy an outdoor skating rink, exhibitions at the Sundgau Museum and the Rhineland Contemporary Art Centre, craft stands, treasure hunts, and a cave of fireflies introducing a beautiful world filled with elves, pixies and fairies!
The stay includes:
- One night half board in a hotel in Wittersdorf Altkirch or a 3* hotel in Altkirch or B&B in Altkirch
- A voucher for one mulled wine at the Mulhouse Christmas Market
- A Christmas Pass Booklet including:
• A tales of the Enchanted Forest booklet
• A pouch of Sundgau tea from Black&Tea roasters
• A bag of bredala biscuits from the Domitin bakery
• An entry to the Cave of the Fireflies on the theme of The Lord of the Rings (possibility of a storytelling visit to Enchanted Forest on certain dates, check with the Sundgau, South Alsace Tourist Information Office)
The stay does not include:
Lunch, dinner if accommodation is B&B, drinks, transport, personal expenses, insurance and administrative costs, tourist tax.