Convent of Bellemagny
The convent of Bellemagny is the cradle of the congregation of Benedictine adorers, founded in 1851 by Father Joseph Aloyse Faller, born in Barr in 1816.
Very quickly, this community spread: in Indre, Drôme, Burgundy, Haute-Saône, Saint-Louis and Lutterbach, Louisiana (USA), Switzerland, Germany and Austria, the sisters were called to to support orphanages, schools, boarding schools, homes for the disabled and the elderly… Today, the Bellemagny convent remains the mother house of the congregation and of the French province.
The road to Compostela passes in front of the Bellemagny convent. Thus, each year, 200 to 300 pilgrims stop there for a night or two. The sisters can accommodate up to fifteen people. They cook dinner and breakfast for them. This house is also open to people who want to recharge their batteries and to groups who may have a meeting room.
A chapel and private buildings as well as religious buildings in the cemetery and a park form an imposing whole.
- Quiet street
- Religious site
- Free tour