Hiking Durmenach Luppach, le grand Mélèze
The forest bordering the town of Durmenach contains a group of 184 large trees, including one called "giant larch". These trees were planted in 1784 by Baron Reutter de Weyl who brought them back from Vorarlberg to Austria. Today labeled, this forest is suitable for a pleasant walk that leads from the valley of the Ill to the old bed of the Rhine, at the foot of the Jura. The well-marked path spares time for rest and leads to a strange crypt, the last vestige of a convent destroyed by the Revolution, where the shadow of an outlawed poet still looms.
Topoguide on sale at the Tourist Office for the price of 1 € the sheet or 10 € the 17 pedestrian topos. Topoguide downloadable from the website of our partner Visorando.
- In forest
- Vosges club
- simply trail / hiking circuit