Notre-Dame chapel called Hippoltskirch
Already mentioned in 1144, listed in the Historic Monuments since 1995, this chapel is an old place of worship since it is dedicated to St Martin. It was originally the Church of Sondersdorf, whose inhabitants settled in the XNUMXth century on the heights, on the current site of the village to escape the floods of the Ill.
In 1778, the current church of the village was built which had the consequence of abandoning the Hippoltskirch now serving as a place of pilgrimage to the Virgin. Important works in 1781 gave it its current appearance. A hermit kept the sanctuary until 1920, when the forest house was built above the chapel.
In 1902, lightning struck the chapel, tearing part of the roof which covered the altar of the Virgin, broke and overturned everything near the statue which alone remained intact ...
- Religious site
- catholic site
- Free tour
- Guided tour for groups by appointment
- Free private parking for cars