Pilgrimage of the Chemin de Mariastein
The Chemin de Mariastein is a 30 km marked hiking route that crosses the Alsatian Jura, from Levoncourt to Mariastein, taking a former pilgrimage. This route was created at the initiative of the association of Marcheurs de Levoncourt to commemorate the 50st anniversary of the pilgrimage which takes place over one day or in several stages.
The Abbey of Notre-Dame-de-la-Pierre, called in German Mariastein, is an abbey belonging to the Benedictine congregation of Switzerland. It is located in the canton of Solothurn in Metzerlen-Mariastein, about thirty kilometers from the village of Levoncourt. The historic route linking Levoncourt to Mariastein has thus officially become “The Way”, like that of Compostela.
It can be done in one go or in stages, all departures being accessible by car.
• 1st stage of 8 km: Parking Julien Idoux, Levoncourt - La Charrière, Winkel.
• 2nd stage of 7 km: La Charrière - Col du Blochmont.
• 3rd 9 km stage: Col du Blochmont - Burg (CH).
• 4th stage of 6 km: Burg - Mariastein.
Total distance: 30 km
- Vosges club
- historic / heritage / religious trail