Events calendar Interactive map
St-Boniface Church

Saint-Boniface Church

The old church dating from 1784 was burnt down on July 16, 1915. In the rubble were found a statue of the Virgin, intact from Lourdes and a Christ with the Sacred Heart. A new church was rebuilt in 1928 in a neo-Gothic style according to the plans of the architect Paul Gelis of Paris. The baptismal fonts come out of the Klem workshop. A wooden Stations of the Cross is sculpted by Berger-Rudloff, the stained-glass windows are made by the Ott frères de Strasbourg workshop. The organ from 1932 is the work of Georges Schwenkedel. The organ case was designed by the Parisian architect of the church and produced by the Klem workshops. It is one of the rare examples of Art Deco in Alsace.

Description

Altitude (m):
300
Accepted animals :
No
Type of place to visit
  • Religious site
  • catholic site

Contact


68520 Burnhaupt le Haut

Information

Factory council association
79 Main Street
68520 Burnhaupt le Haut
CallContact by phone
E-mailContact by mail

In images, in pictures

- © St-Boniface Church

The Sundgau on the Networks

Top of page