Saint Leger Church of Koestlach
The massive Romanesque bell tower may date from the 1745th century. The choir occupied the ground floor before the construction of the nave from 1748 to XNUMX and the current choir, now located on the opposite side.
The winged tabernacle with reliquaries is one of the most beautiful in Alsace. Made in 1668, it comes from the high altar of the abbey church of Lucelle.
At the back, a large altar painting, painted by Jean-Jacques Bulffer (1744-1819), represents Saint Léger, the patron saint of the parish, with, below left, the church of Koestlach.
The Baroque-style side altars were built in 1751. The ceiling of the nave is decorated with a representation of the Assumption, painted in 1747 by Joseph Xavier Hauwiller.
In the nave, on the right side wall, the two paintings on wood from the middle of the XNUMXth century are attributed to Mathias Jehl.
The heads of the benches (1867) come from the old Paravicini foundry in Lucelle. The organ is by Valentin Rinkenbach (1837). On the baptistery of 1780, is represented the serpent with the apple, symbol of original sin. Text Marc GLOTZ. Sundgau by bike
- In the town / village center
- Religious site
- catholic site
- Free tour
- Coach parking