The Courtelevant mill
The Courtelevant mill located on the banks of the Vendeline dates back to the 1855th century and is listed in the supplementary inventory of Historical Monuments. Sold after the Revolution, a fire destroyed it almost entirely in XNUMX. A new mill was then built and the old mill was transformed into a dwelling house.
A water wheel of about 5 meters in diameter is installed as well as the most modern processes of the time in order to produce very good quality flour.
The same family operated it for a century before it was gradually abandoned in 1905, victim of the establishment of large flour mills with lower production costs.
This 1855 mill has remained untouched and the whole has been preserved in exceptional condition.
The association "Les Amis du Moulin de Courtelevant" was created in 1988 with the aim of safeguarding, restoring and running the mill.
Thus, after major renovations, this mill, today the Museum of Grinding Techniques, produces flour thanks to a team of enthusiasts.
- In the town / village center
- Adults (individuals)
- Children (individual)
- School groups
- Museum and planetarium
- Technical and industrial heritage
- Teaching room
- Guided tour for individuals
- Guided tour for individuals by appointment
- Guided tour for groups
- Guided tour for groups by appointment
- Free private parking for cars
- Coach parking