Dannemarie Christmas market
Like the wonder caused by the Festival of Lights at Dannemarie, the Christmas decorations and lights installed in the city will immerse you directly in the magic of Christmas. A fifteen Christmas trees and Christmas trees are staged and decorated with bows, candies, lollipops, teddy bears, gift packs ... Dannemarie's Garden of Delights awaits you on almost 400 m². There are fake candies, lollipops, cakes, cupcakes - made in very large sizes. These decorations are handmade by the team of volunteers, who work for weeks to prepare Christmas entertainment in Dannemarie.
The public will be able to enjoy the fir trees, decorations and other illuminations throughout the Advent period, and until January 6, 2020.
Dannemarie craft Christmas market
Dannemarie's Christmas market focuses on conviviality and crafts : it showcases local artisans, installed in around thirty wooden sheds. Wood turner, blacksmith, knitters, decorative objects and gift ideas, local products and delicacies (honey, bread and cakes, cheese, bacon, snails) make up the market stalls.
Le Dannemarie Christmas market is only open on weekends. Meet on December 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22, 2019. Its opening hours are: Saturday from 14 p.m. to 20 p.m. and Sunday from 14 p.m. to 19 p.m.
Dannemarie: Christmas entertainment program
Several dozen festive events are scheduled in Dannemarie (Alsace) throughout this month of December, to happily celebrate the magic of the Christmas holidays.
One of the events in Dannemarie during the Advent period is the inauguration of Christmas entertainment with the coming of Saint Nicholas and torchlight and lantern retreat. Meet on Saturday December 7, 2019 at 18 p.m. in the streets of the Alsatian city. The start of the torchlight retreat will be from Place de la 5ème Armored Division (DB), towards the Christmas market. Once there, Saint-Nicolas will distribute manalas and hot chocolates to wise children. A glass of friendship with scents of spices and cinnamon is offered, for the older ones.
The other highlight of Dannemarie's Christmas market is certainly its Advent Calendar. Every evening, around the fire of friendship in front of the Foyer de la Culture, the public gathers to admire the decor and attend the opening of the window of the day:opening of the Advent Calendar in Dannemarie is done every evening at 18 p.m. (December 1 to 23), except December 8 after 19 p.m. and December 24 at 14:30 p.m. The crowd will also be able to enjoy friendly moments on site: Christmas stories, hot chocolate or mulled wine, draw to win a wooden toy (children schooling until elementary), small gift for children on Sunday evenings ...
Among the activities offered this year for Christmas at Dannemarie:
- ecological merry-go-round (parents pedal while children enjoy) each evening of the Advent calendar and Christmas market weekends
- makeup for kids
- donkey rides for children
- Family horse-drawn carriage rides (Sundays)
- Christmas carols and songs
- Father Christmas visit Sundays (with distribution of treats)
- drawing contest (until 20/12)
- demonstration of the farrier - Florian Soldner and his team
- Christmas operation by Dannemarie traders (with a raffle at the merchants of the Dannemarie group - COM'DA)
- Saint Nicolas flea market (Saturday December 7 and Sunday December 8)
- young audience show « When grandpa was little By the Lindecker brothers (Wednesday December 4 at 14:30 p.m. at the Foyer de la Culture)
- hearing of organist students on Sunday December 22 at 17 p.m., at St Léonard de Dannemarie church.
- One-off market (themed, summer, Christmas, etc.)