Events calendar Interactive map

The most beautiful points of view

  • Llamas from the Hornihof farm in Kiffis

    Llamas from the Hornihof farm in Kiffis

This hike will allow you to discover the breeding farm of llamas and Shepherd Dogs of Central Asia of the Hornihof, its beautiful forest which offers magnificent panoramas on the Alsatian Jura and Switzerland from the Glaserberg and its air of picnic. Neuneich.

On Sunday afternoons between 15 and 17 pm, at least acceptable weather, small free guided tours of the farm take place in which one can participate spontaneously. To be absolutely sure to find someone in uncertain weather, you can also report yourself by phone (03 89 40 33 60). Free access

Access: from the Col du Blochmont, take the marked “red cross” path on your right just before going down to Kiffis.

Guidebook on sale at the Tourist Office for the price of € 1 for the sheet or € 10 for the 17 walking maps. Downloadable guidebook on the site of our partner Visorando.

The castle of Ferrette is one of the oldest in Alsace. Its first mention dates back to 1105. It was one of the main possessions of the Counts of Ferrette, a dynasty which was formed by sharing the heritage of the Counts of Montbéliard. Seven counts of Ferrette will succeed one another.

After the death of the last count, the county passed to the house of Austria through the marriage of Jeanne de Ferrette with Duke Albert II of Habsburg in 1324. The castle then became the residence of an Austrian bailiff.

The castle ruins are made up of two parts:
- the upper castle, the oldest, consists of a residential tower carved out of limestone and on several levels, one of the first of its type in Alsace. A platform allows you to enjoy a superb panorama of the Vosges, the Black Forest and the Jura.
- the lower castle has several round towers open at the throat and equipped with fire hydrant.

Free visit all year round. Guide to discovering the castles of the Alsatian Jura available at the Tourist Office (€ 3). Parking at the foot of the castle opposite the old court or at the Tourist Office. Allow 45 to 60 minutes for a free visit of the castle. You can download the sound points for free to listen to them on site.

Ferrette

The Raemel chain, two kilometers long, blocks the horizon and peaks at 832 meters above sea level. It is the highest point of the Alsatian Jura, which is reached by a picturesque limestone ridge, the path of customs or smugglers, which follows the Franco-Swiss border. A fairly sporty walk, embellished with magnificent panoramas of the Swiss Jura.

Guidebook on sale at the Tourist Office for the price of € 1 for the sheet or € 10 for the 17 walking maps. Downloadable guidebook on the site of our partner Visorando.

Above Levoncourt, on the path along the French-Swiss border, stands the Roc au Corbeau (735m above sea level).

This limestone promontory offers a beautiful view of the ruins of the Morimont castle and its old manor with the Vosges on the horizon.
The Rocher de la Sorcière, near the Ebourbettes farm, overlooks the upper Largue valley and part of the Swiss Ajoie region.
Levoncourt

Located on the municipal bench of Ligsdorf in the national forest of Saint-Pierre-Lucelle, the Allée des Hêtres is made up of a remarkable alignment for several reasons: number (about 40), age (more than 150 years), shape and dimensions beech trees (28 m high and 3 m in circumference on average) as well as the regularity of the alignment.

A marked "yellow ring" circuit makes it possible to complete a 6 km loop for 160m of elevation gain. Allow 1 hour 30 minutes from the parking lot of the quarry.

Landscape and historical interest of the site. Without doubt also one of the most beautiful views of the Alsatian Jura on the neighboring Swiss jura.
Text: Philippe MERCKLE

Shop
  • Cave of the Dwarfs of FERRETTE

    Cave of the Dwarfs of FERRETTE

  • Cave of the Dwarfs of FERRETTE

    Cave of the Dwarfs of FERRETTE

The Dwarven Cave is above all a place of legend where can be practiced climbing.

The rocks of the Cave of the Dwarves form an impressive gorge about 25 meters high called Erdwibalaschlucht (the parade of small women of the earth) and formed by the work of water in karst limestone. According to legend, these little women of the earth lived with the Erdmanala (little men of the earth) inside the Cave of the Dwarfs. Located at the bottom of the gorge, the cave takes on the appearance of a slit which opens into the rock wall and is continued by two hoses, all developed over fifteen meters.

Above the gorge, you can access the Plateau des Nains. From there, there is a beautiful view of the Ill valley and the villages of Bouxwiller, Werentzhouse. The place also bears the name of Erdwibalafelsen (Roche aux Fées).

2 possible accesses:
- park in the community of Ferrette car park (3A route de Lucelle) and take the red diamond trail along the road towards Sondersdorf. Allow 30 to 35 minutes to access the cave (1,8km).

- park in the Keucht car park located in the forest. Take the direction of Sondersdorf and, a little before the exit of the village, take on your left the forest path indicated by a wooden sign "Sentier des Nains". Continue to the car park located a few hundred meters further. From the car park, allow 15-20 minutes of walking on a beautiful path accessible by 4X4 stroller.

Ferrette

Gate of Sundgau, Illfurth is also a high place of history. The battles of World War I fell in the Sundgau from August 1. Indeed the French blew up the Dannemarie viaduct and the front stabilized and extended from the Vosges to the Swiss border.

The front line passed a few kilometers from Illfurth on the Heidwiller side. During this visit, you will discover several bunkers with multiple vocations, at the same time ammunition depot, observation post or location of artillery pieces, also the location of a second large cannon located near the Church Burnkirch and several casemates.

Downloadable guidebook on the site of our partner Visorando.

  • Guidebook on the heights of Altkirch

    Guidebook on the heights of Altkirch

Explore the heights of Altkirch and the beauty of the Sundgauvian landscape. Get out of the city and follow the route to the Erlen pond before crossing the forest. A beautiful point of view awaits you at the exit of the forest.
Guidebook (pocket of 10 walks) given free of charge at the Tourist Office or downloadable opposite.
  • Landskron Castle

    Landskron Castle

  • Landskron Castle

    Landskron Castle

Perched in the Alsatian Jura, a stone's throw from the village of Leymen and Switzerland, the Landskron castle overlooks the entire valley.
It was transformed into a garrison according to Vauban's plans (1689), burned and bombed in 1817 and finally classified as a Historic Monument in 1923. XNUMXth century dungeon, towers, remains of the chapel and the well offer a pleasant green stroll. . Free visit all year round.
Leymen
  • Rossberg Tower, Ferrette

    Rossberg Tower, Ferrette

In 1901 a wooden belvedere was erected at Rossberg on the initiative of the Club Vosgien de Ferrette. This tower was unfortunately destroyed during a storm at the beginning of 1905. A decision was made for the Club Vosgien to rebuild this tower, but in a metal structure 16,70 m high. The inauguration took place on July 15, 1906. The wooden staircases were replaced by metallic ones in 1925. The last maintenance works (painting and replacement of the platforms) were carried out in 1978 - 1988 by voluntary members of the Club Vosgien. It was completely renovated, secured and raised in 2008 to reach a height of 20 m. The panorama at its summit is exceptional. We see the Jura, the Black Forest, the Vosges and on a clear day, the Bernese Alps.

Access on foot is 20 minutes from the parking lot of the Ferrette motorhome area. Possibility of carrying out a larger loop (8km) from Ferrette or Vieux Ferrette.

Ferrette

The Ebourbettes farm, a few steps from the Swiss border, served during the Second World War as a clandestine base for the passage of the resistance fighters and all those who refused to force enrollment in the Wehrmacht. It was here that took place on April 26, 1942, the famous escape to Switzerland of General Giraud. While the owner of the premises spoke with the soldier in charge of monitoring the border, promising him eggs and cheeses to improve his life, the future head of the French National Liberation Committee, accompanied by smugglers, disappeared into the depths Swiss beech forests to reach Algiers some time later.

To access the farm, park at the pass between Winkel and Lucelle. Allow 2 km (1/2 hour walk) on a beautiful white path to reach the site characterized by a superb view of the Voges and the Swiss Jura.

Oberlarg

The Sundgau on the Networks

Top of page