Torchlight New Year's Eve around the Castle
2020 EDITION CANCELED
The 2020 edition is canceled due to the health constraints imposed which are unfortunately impossible to implement for this event. We will meet you in 2021!
A simple attractive idea, a proof of friendship, a unique place, a good dose of volunteering, unconditional support, a generous nature, an unavoidable date, an intergenerational popular participation, free, no constraint to participate, this is the recipe for 'a unique event brought to you by enthusiasts of the Alsatian Jura for the transition to the new year!
The principle has remained the same for several years: to offer a 3 km lit torchlight walk, accompanied by a glass of crémant offered in the enclosure of the magical site of the castle of FERRETTE.
From 22 p.m., the Sundgau Tourist Office, Ferrette town hall and several Ferrette associations invite you to this 3 km digestive walk around the castle. You will follow a marked path that will take you to the heart of this medieval enclosure, around the New Year's fire, to enjoy a glass of crémant.
- Start of the walk from the parking lot of the Communauté de Communes in Ferrette located 3A route de Lucelle from 22 p.m. to 23 p.m. (prefer 22 p.m. to be sure to arrive before midnight at the castle). No need to come too early! The route is only signposted at the last minute due to the limited lifespan of the lighting.
- 3 km course (1 hour) on forest paths and trails. 150m vertical drop (it goes up a bit around Ferrette!)
- Wear good shoes (walking shoes) and bring extra lighting (headlamp, flashlight), the trails can be wet and slippery
- Participation in the walk is free
- The torches (one for two people) will be distributed free of charge in the departure car park for people performing the torchlight march. However, a small fund will be made available so that everyone can support, according to their wishes, the organizing voluntary associations.
- Access to the castle site is free and open
- A glass of crémant (or non-alcoholic drink) is offered at midnight in the grounds of the Château de Ferrette
- A refreshment bar offering chargeable drinks will be located on the site of the Château de Ferrette
- Free private parking for cars