Torchlight New Year's Eve around the Castle
A simple attractive idea, proof of friendship, a unique place, a good dose of volunteering, unconditional support, generous nature, an essential date, intergenerational popular participation, free, no constraint to participate, this is the recipe for '' a unique event offered to you by enthusiasts of the Alsatian Jura for the transition to the new year!
The principle has remained the same for several years: offer a 3 km torchlit walk, decorated with a glass of crémant offered within the confines of the magical site of the FERRETTE castle.
From 22 p.m., the Sundgau Tourist Office, the Ferrette town hall and several Ferrette associations invite you to this 3 km digestive walk around the castle. You will follow a marked path which will lead you to the heart of this medieval enclosure, around the New Year's fire, to taste a glass of crémant.
- Departure of the walk from the parking lot of the Community of Communes in Ferrette located 3A route de Lucelle from 22 p.m. until 23 p.m. (prefer 22 p.m. to be sure to arrive before midnight at the castle). No need to come too early! The route is not marked out until the last minute due to the limited lifespan of the lighting.
- 3 km (1 hour) course on forest paths and trails. 150m drop (it goes up a bit around Ferrette!)
- Be well fitted (walking shoes) and provide additional lighting (headlamp, flashlight), the trails can be wet and slippery
- Participation in the walk is free
- Torches (one for two people) will be distributed free of charge in the departure parking lot for people carrying out the torchlight walk. However, a small box will be made available so that everyone can support, as they wish, the organizing voluntary associations.
- Access to the castle site is free
- A glass of crémant (or soft drink) is offered at midnight within the grounds of the Château de Ferrette
- A refreshment bar offering paid drinks will be located on the site of the Château de Ferrette
DINNER BEFORE THE WALK (2019/2020 edition)
- Raclette menu, au Don Bosco Center of Ferrette (12 rue de Lucelle). Price of 40 € / pers. First drink included, free for -5 years and 20 € / child between 6 and 14 years. Reservation required on 03 89 40 40 55 or by email email@example.com by communicating the number of people (adult and child). Possibility to rent a room for 20 people with or without a meal plan. Possibility of sleeping on site. Capacity of 200 people. For each reservation a torch to carry out the walk is provided.
The Don Bosco Center is 1 km on foot from the start of the Torchlight March. The route to the starting point of the walk is signposted.
- Carp-fried meal in the communal room of the Old Court of Ferrette FULL !!!
To please your taste buds on this exceptional evening, a Carpe Frite meal, THE local specialty, is offered in the communal room of the Old Tribunal in Ferrette by Yannick MORETH. Menu including unlimited fried carp, dessert and coffee for 26 € per person (children's menu up to 12 years old at 15 € identical to the adult menu but without coffee) FULL !!!
Additional information 03 89 08 23 88. Reservations required at firstname.lastname@example.org
To book, two solutions:
- By check: send a check for the total amount of the meal or meals reserved before December 23 to the order of Yannick MORETH, to the following address: Yannick Moreth, Soirée du Réveillon, 12 rue de l'Eglise 68130 CARSPACH
- By credit card via Paypal: for this, send an email with your contact details (name, first name, telephone number and email) and the number of meals desired to email@example.com. You will then receive a link by email or sms to pay for your meal via the secure Paypal application.
Please note, without payment for the meal, the reservation is not effective!
Catering from 19 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Savory or sweet flambé pies only from 22 p.m. Carp-fried to take away by reservation.
- New Years Eve dinner at Relais Saint-Bernard de Lucelle
The Maison Familiale Saint Bernard in Lucelle (10 min from Ferrette, 03 89 08 13 13) offers a New Years Eve menu at times suited to walking.
THE ACCOMMODATION FORMULA
ACCOMMODATION IN FERRETTE:
- guest rooms
- Free private parking for cars