Torchlight New Year's Eve around the Castle
Ferrette’s torchlight New Year’s Eve: an unmissable event in Sundgau!
Come and walk the paths and trails around Ferrette to reach the haughty ruins of the castle. The principle has remained the same for several years: propose a walk of 3 km (1 hour) lit by torches and decorated with a glass of crémant offered within the enclosure of the magical site of the Château de FERRETTE.
The idea is very simple, the place is unique, the many volunteers, the generous surrounding nature, the unmissable date, intergenerational popular participation, free, no constraint to participate, here is the recipe for an atypical event proposed for almost 20 years by enthusiasts of the Alsatian Jura for the transition to the new year!
From 22 p.m., the Sundgau Tourist Office and the town hall of Ferrette invite you to this 3 km digestive walk around the castle. You will follow a marked path that will take you to the heart of this medieval enclosure, around the New Year's fire, to enjoy a glass of crémant.
TO KNOW :
- Departure of the walk from Espace Robelin located 5 rue du Colonel Robelin from 22 p.m. to 23 p.m. (prefer 22 p.m. to be sure to arrive at the castle before midnight). No need to come too early! The route is only marked at the last minute due to the limited lifespan of the luminous markings.
- Course of 3 km (1 hour) on paths and forest trails. 150m drop (it goes up a bit around Ferrette!)
- Wear good shoes (walking shoes) and bring extra lighting (headlamp, flashlight), the trails can be wet and slippery
- Participation in the march is free (well, we are not against a small donation for the organizers...)
- The torches (one for two people) will be distributed free of charge in the departure car park for people performing the torchlight march. However, a small fund will be made available so that everyone can support, according to their wishes, the organizing voluntary associations.
- Access to the castle site is free and open
- A glass of crémant (or non-alcoholic drink) is offered at midnight in the grounds of the Château de Ferrette
- A refreshment bar offering chargeable drinks will be located on the site of the Château de Ferrette
WHERE TO EAT ?
A Carpe-Frite meal at the Robelin room, directly at the start of the walk
- Carp and fries menu with side dish, dessert and coffee will be offered in the Espace Robelin room.
- 2023 price: €32 / €14 from 6 to 12 years old / Free for children under 6 years old
- Information from the Sundgau Tourist Office (03 89 40 02 90) and reservation with the caterer (03 89 40 26 24) effective only if payment (check) has been validated.
- The Espace Robelin is a room for 180 people located at 5 rue du Colonel Robelin.
- Opening hours: room open from 19 p.m. to midnight. Possibility of taking fried carp or fries to take away.
An unlimited Raclette meal at the Don Bosco center “At the Crossroads”
- All-you-can-eat Raclette menu with glass of Crémant Café and free torch for the walk.
- Price: 50€ per adult, 20€ for 6-12 year olds.
- Reservation required on 03 89 40 40 55.
- the Don Bosco center is located 15 minutes walk from the start of the walk
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS
This event could not take place without the help of our partners, first and foremost:
- the town hall of Ferrette which provided us with significant logistical assistance and offered part of the crémant
- the European Community of Alsace and Crédit Mutuel who have supported us financially for many years
- the Auchan supermarket which offers us the ingredients necessary to make Mulled Wine
- Free private parking for cars